Dr Arthur Cassidy
• Dr Arthur Cassidy Agent •
Dr. Arthur Cassidy is a well established Social Media and Celebrity Psychologist who has made a dynamic and energetic impact to contemporary television programmes by bringing a fresh insight into evidence based psychological aspects of a wide range of topics on human behaviour seen in today’s terrestrial channels. His psychological expertise and warm personality is constantly sought after by television executives, researchers and producers for high profile reality shows and serious documentaries.
He is a trained Tv presenter and has many years of broadcasting experience across BBC World Service , Sky News, ITV and Sky Atlantic, RTE and American Tv Channels. Arthur has been recently seen as a specialist contributor to the ITV Documentary “ Prince Harry: Four Royal Weddings.” He brings psychological perspectives and informed content to viewers on the personality and lifestyles of the young royals as celebrities and is the UKs leading psychological authority on the young Royals in particular The Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
With an academic background in social and political science Arthur has a deep interest in the personality and underlying motives that drives our top politicians and world leaders. He is frequently invited to broadcast on Boris Johnson, Donald Trump Vladamir Putin and many others on the world stage. As the UK’s leading celebrity psychologist he explores the hidden motives and personality traits of these high profile world leaders but can also see beyond the exterior and probe the depths of their mindset.
Arthur is a highly qualified British psychologist with degrees in Social and Political Science, Experimental and Health Psychology together with specialist research interests in the scientific study of personality and Identities online and offline. He holds honours degrees from the University of Ulster, and his Post Graduate research Doctorate from the Queens University of Belfast. Dr.Arthur Cassidy is a Chartered Psychologist and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. Arthur has taught lectured and examined in various specialities within psychology in Universities and was a visiting Lecturer to the Hong Kong Polytechnic.
Arthur was born in Co Armagh Northern Ireland just a mile away from Gloria Hunniford of ITV’s Loose Women fame. Indeed they both had their voices trained in the same local Anglican choir, Gloria as a soprano and Arthur as a tenor. With a strong drama and musical background Arthur being a trained singer and instrumentalist, he can bring his musical training and experience into the preparation of contestants for reality TV and other talent shows as a voice coach. As a television psychologist Arthur can deal with the following areas of expertise.
Arthur’s Skillset for Television:
• Programme risks, contributor risks, media exposure, dealing with criticism from press,magazines and all other forms of social media, media career development post screen exposure, coping with media stress and lifestyles.
• Pre- screening and selection of appropriate contestants for effective screen performance, media ethics, treatment of participants in television shows, Ofcom ethical guidelines analysis and evaluation.
• As a specialist contributor and presenter on Cyberbullying, Deception in Online dating styles, Cyber self – harm, Internet Trolls, Personality assessment and evaluation, Internet addictions, Social media related Depression and Anxiety issues, Political interviewing and analysis, Politicians personality assessment, Media Violence, Group dynamics assessment & personality evaluation for TV Press and Periodical magazines.
• Arthur also advises television and radio producers on the following: Selection of the most appropriate psychological angles and approaches in show production
• The impact of news content to audience and audience reaction.
• Facebook phishing and personality traits, Vlogging and Blogging behaviours.
• Consulting with TV producers and Executives and advising on the psychological effects of studio discussions, News programmes, Reality TV shows, Documentaries could have on viewer’s mental health.
• By using psychologists who are members of the British Psychological Society, production companies can be assured the expert they are utilising has in-depth training and qualifications in psychology and has signed up to a set of Member Conduct Rules.